Sunday, December 29, 2013

Firefly!

My only gaming related present I received this year was a copy of Firefly from a friend of mine. Yesterday I got a chance to try it out and it was awesome.  In the game you play a captain of a Firefly class ship, your fly around the 'verse, get a crew, carry out various jobs and try to complete an overall story. The game just exudes the Firefly theme.

The components are excellent and the cards are well done. The game only covers the Firefly series and not the Serenity movie. This is Gale Force Nine's second board game (the other being Spartacus) and in my opinion they're batting 2 for 2.  My only beef with the game is how long the approximate playing time is compared to what's stated on the box. The box says 2 hours, it took us about 4 hours. I suppose you might be able to do it in 2 hours but you'd have to be racing through everything and you're not going to enjoy it like it should be enjoyed.  If you're a fan of Firefly, you're going to love this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment