Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years

This is the first of two posts. Last night for New Years I got together with some friends, enjoyed some food and played some games. We played a game of Arkham Horror and I managed to single handedly lose the game for us on 1 die roll. Hopefully my craptastic luck stayed in 2011. Next we played a couple games of Ra from Rio Grande Games.

This was a fun little auction game and we knocked off a couple games in an hour. The rules could have been written a little clearer on how you start the game. We started off 2012 with a game of The Legend of Drizzt from Wizards of the Coast.
We've played the first game in this series (Castle Ravenloft), and they're not easy games to win. Probably the one thing I don't like about them is the fact you're always under attack or taking damage from traps and the fact that it's hard to heal. We bit this game but a number of the encounters didn't affect us and I think our characters were a little better.

My second post will give a rundown of 2011 and my plans for 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment