Monday, April 25, 2011

Mayday Forces Complete

It's been a ridiculously slow painting month. I finally have the three remaining units for my two Mayday armies. First up is a pair of generals. The character on the left is from Armorum & Aquila and the one on the right is from 1st Corps.

Next up is a unit of Seleucid Phalangites. These are also 1st Corps with transfers from Little Big Men Studios.

Next is a scythed chariot from Vendel. I was expecting painting it to be about as much fun as my Tomb King chariots, in other words: NOT. But it painted up nice and quick.
Finally is my second elephant. This is from Aventine Miniatures and is an awesome miniature. The quality of this mini and of the ones I've seen pics of are hands above all others. If you're building an early Roman Republic army I'd suggest Aventine. Transfers are from Little Big Men Studios.

The only downside I have to my minis, is my basing is rather shite. I don't spend enough time on them. Now I just need to work on a tiny bit of terrain for my game, maybe a swamp and some trees.

Next up on my slow paint table is some more 15mm sci-fi infantry.

4 comments:

  1. They look really good and your basing seems fine to me. Of course, the artist is never pleased with his work is he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job and those transfers really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the whole army!

    ReplyDelete